With a co-sleep, you can lay your kid down for feeding, changing diapers or taking a nap at any rooms in your house. It is easy for anyone to keep a tab on your kid while he/she rests. Here, I will give you 5 options for the best co-sleeper bassinet on the current market.
Together with cribs and bassinets, co-sleepers are successively your efficient assistants to take care of your child’s sleep from a newborn to a 3-5 month baby to a kid.
- TOP 5 Co-Sleeper
- Buying guide and tips for best co-sleepers
- Why you need a co-sleeper?
- Things to be considered before deciding to use co-sleepers
- Types of co-sleepers
- How to prepare for buying the best co-sleeper bassinet?
- Features to consider
- Pros and cons when using
- Safety advice when using
- Tips for buying a co-sleeper for twins
- Tips for arranging a co-sleeper for flights
TOP 5 Co-Sleeper
|HALO Premiere Series Swivel Bassinest Sleeper||4.6/5||$$$|
|The 1st Years Secure and Close-Sleeper||4.5/5||$|
|Infant LulyBoo Travel Bed||4.8/5||$|
|Arm’s Reach Concept Co-Sleeper||4.9/5||$$|
|BABYBJORN Co-Sleeper (White)||4.7/5||$$$|
1. HALO Premiere Series Swivel Bassinest Sleeper
This is really a smart co-sleeper for your kid up to 5-month old with some outstanding features. First of all, you will be surprised at the ability of swivel and rotation at 360 degrees so that you can get closer to your baby as well as easily lay her/his down or hold her/his up.
Your child is also kept safe due to the locked sidewall. This wall might be locked or unlocked if any. Therefore, it is a great idea for nursing moms.
There are 4 button modes: nursing timer, nightlight, 2 vibration levels, and soothing sounds and lullaby music. They are installed to automatically shut off after 30-minute play, so you don’t need to worry about the nonstop annoyance.
Besides, you are totally possible to adjust the height of the co-sleeper to fit your demands with the 4-point sturdy base. With the sheet made from 100% polyester, you just need a wet cloth to clean it easily.
In addition, this machine runs on the AA batteries, as a result, it makes more convenient for users as well as is tidier. Note that these batteries are not included, you have to prepare them yourselves.
With these great functions, the HALO Premiere Series is evaluated as one of the safest co-sleepers according to the CJ Foundation for SIDS.
2. The 1st Years Secure and Close-Sleeper
Being a good combination of comfort, sizing, and strength, the 1st Years Secure and Close-Sleeper is a perfect option for you and your baby when you go for a trip and at home as well. It can be folded to the smaller size to bring from this room to another.
Simply, you just gently put your beloved baby in the middle of the pad and wait for her/his restful sleep.
Your baby will be protected from the risk of any entrapment due to the barriers at top and foot of the sleeper. There is a glow-nightlight attached with the sleeper so that you can easily see your little child at midnight without having to walk to the switch place. The batteries for this nightlight are already included with the sleeper.
With the imported technology and materials from cotton and polyester, this product makes sure to bring the most comfortable environment for your baby to bed. Due to the materials’ features, the cover and sheet are easily washed by hand or washing machine and it takes less time to be dry.
3. Infant LulyBoo Travel Bed
One of the unique features of the LulyBoo co-sleeper is its great portability. You are completely possible to turn this sleeper into a backpack and wearing it for traveling. Or, you can fold it and keep it in your diaper bag or suitcase if possible.
Further to that, this special bed has a very nice canopy shelter so that your baby is well protected from other outside elements such as dust, the sunshine, or even dog licks. Your baby might have more fun with 2 removable toys at this shelter.
The LulyBoo sleeper is totally made of cotton, nylon, and polyester with the ratio 1:1:1, which makes sure the comfort for baby and the convenient clean for moms. Especially, its bottom is made of the waterproof material in order to keep your little child dry as well as avoid the messes.
To the truth, it is such a smart co-sleeper with the perfect combination of a crib, a bassinet, a playpen, and a changing station. This might be a perfect idea for those who love the convenience.
4. Arm’s Reach Concept Co-Sleeper
The Arm’s Reach Concept Co-Sleeper has one of the most impressive designs of the Arm’s Reach brand. This kind of co-sleeper is a not-bad choice if you have a small space at home.
The first outstanding feature of this model is its breathable mesh, which enables you to have a full view of your baby from all the angles. Besides, 4 wheels attached at the bottom of 4 legs make them more mobilizing.
Secondly, all of the legs are designed with extension parts, so you are able to adjust the height of this special bed so that you can hear, see and soothe your little baby while both of you sleep.
Like a small and firm bedroom with 4-side barriers and a mattress attached with a sheet strap, you are ensured that your baby is maintained safe and comfortable inside this sleeper.
In addition, there is a convenient basket on the first floor for you to store some belongings of your baby, then you can quickly pick them whenever need.
According to the manufacturer, this kind of co-sleeper is highly suitable for infants less than or equal 5 months old.
5. BABYBJORN Co-Sleeper (White)
The BABYBJORN Co-Sleeper is highly appreciated by its versatility, safety, design and qualified materials. The best words to describe this sleeper might be “simple & smart”.
Really, its design is so simple but elegant. There are 2 sturdy legs to stably stand on the ground. This bassinet is very easy to use and light enough for you to bring it from rooms to rooms or to wherever you want.
It has a firm mattress that fits the barrier; therefore, your child will have a nice sleep on it. Moreover, you can easily remove the cover of the mattress and the cradle to wash.
This kind of co-sleeper is so friendly with users that even your kid can help you take care of your little child. Simply, just slightly rock it by hand or foot to make it move.
Lastly, you are ensured with its high-quality materials, which bring the soft, comfortable feeling to your baby.
Overall, taking care of the babies is never an easy task, especially their sleep. Let the co-sleeper helps you to do this easier. With the best co-sleeper bassinet, your little child can have a great environment to have a nice sleep.
If you have to move regularly, the 1st Years Secure and Close-Sleeper or the Infant LulyBoo Travel Bed might be your greatest option. If you love the simply, you could consider a BABYBJORN Co-sleeper for your choice.
Save your precious time with our great recommendations. Subscribe this website for more useful advice.
Buying guide and tips for best co-sleepers
When there are several choices on the market, you could find it overwhelming to purchase the best co-sleeper or the best baby bassinet for yourself.
Due to that, we would help you with making the decision to enable you to make a wise buying decision.We would show you different factors you need to consider before deciding.
Besides, we would offer you some tips to use co-sleeper bassinets effectively to helps both your babies’ sleep and your easier life.
Why you need a co-sleeper?
Co-sleepers is a tool in your house that make your babies sleep well and safely. Additionally, it enables you to stay close to your baby for a lot of time. In other words, this bassinet give you the sense of security when you know that your baby is next to you and is protected from problems caused by bed co-sleeping.
Another reason that attributes to the fact that you should buy a co-sleeper is that it makes you and your baby more comfortable. You could sleep more soundly, yet still, realize when your baby cries.
To sum up, the factors that make you purchase a bassinet for your baby could be as following:
- The convenience for mom thanks to the fact that they could reach their child without going out the bed
- Activities like breastfeeding at night would be taken more easily
- The security for your child since they could be protected from SIDS or Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Things to be considered before deciding to use co-sleepers
The feeling of your partner
Choosing to sleep-share should be a family decision. Thus, before you start, you should make sure that your partner is comfortable with the arrangement. In the case of making a decision independently without asking your partner, you would put your partner under pressure to agree with you, and then you might run the risk of damaging the relationship.
When talking about co-sleeping with your partner, you should consider the pros and cons together as the activities at night related to your baby could affect the sleep of both of you. Additionally, you could consult your friends to figure out how to use co-sleepers for the babies effectively instead of using cribs or bassinets.
Because you would like to leave your baby sleeping next to you, the private time with your partner would be limited. Regarding this problem, you should brainstorm together to make time for yourselves. It is reasonable to listen to his idea and feelings about his reservations.
If your partner, even you are not sure about the feeling of co-sleeping with your baby, you could give it a try by a trial period and make a firm decision after that. Doing that helps your parenting decisions to be suitable for both of you and support your relationship as well.
Make sure about your baby
Although some people do not think of sharing the bed with their children at first, they realize that it is the best way to get their baby to sleep. Then, they end up with co-sleeping and using co-sleepers for their baby who craves closeness and comfort at the early month of life.
However, you need to take the reaction of your baby into account before deciding as some babies do not enjoy sleeping next to their mother. If you feel like your baby would be fine to sleep in his crib or bassinet, then you should not use co-sleepers to affect your baby’s independence and happiness.
In addition to this, your baby might feel not comfortable with crowded space. Then, you might need to purchase a larger bed in case of using sharing co-sleepers to give yourselves and your baby a little more room.
Types of co-sleepers
There are two main types of co-sleeper you could choose for your family.
Bed sharing co-sleeper
This type of co-sleepers helps to prevent you from rolling onto your baby when sleeping. It forms babies’ space when your babies sleep with you in one bed.
There are two designs you could encounter when it comes to this type of co-sleepers:
- Framed: The co-sleeper forms a fixed space in the bed thanks to its frame, which is also an alert to warn the parents when they roll onto the side of co-sleepers.
- Contoured: It looks like a pillow and protect your baby by raised edge. If you are a breastfeeding mom, you will find it fairly easy and comfortable to use a contoured co-sleeper.
This kind of bassinet enables parents to take care of their babies easily when their babies have their space, which helps them not to be affected by the heat when sharing the space on a bed.
Side sleepers could belong to one of two following types:
- Three sided: It enable your baby could sleep next to you in a co-sleeper that looks like a bassinet or a crib. As for this kind of co-sleeper, it is important to minimize the gap between your bed and the sleeper to keep your baby safe.
- Flexible bassinet: It is safer, compared to the right above kind of co-sleepers. It is like a standalone bassinet that helps you to access your baby easily.
How to prepare for buying the best co-sleeper bassinet?
There are some steps you need to go through before considering which is the right fit when purchasing a co-sleeper.
- Taking note of the information about the height, weight, and age of your baby to choose the best suitable product
- Doing a small research on all products in the market to obtain the insight into their features and specifications
- Considering purchasing the best product by brand
- Making sure to consider all the needed features
Features to consider
Your baby’s age range
- Newborn babies: Co-sleepers for newborn babies could be used from they are born until they are few months old. In this case, it would cost you much if you invest a great deal of money on such short-life products.
- Older babies: The products for babies at this age range could be used for longer and for various purposes such as supporting babies when they are growing up. However, you need to take their price into account as the top co-sleeper bassinets might be expensive.
- Regularly: If your family would expose to co-sleepers on a regular basis, then high-quality products would be your right fit. With such products, you could use it for a long time and at any places whenever you are at home or travel.
- Occasionally: If you only need the best bassinet for your family trips, it would be better to buy a lightweight and portable product. It does not only help you to save your money, but it also makes you comfortable during your special family
- Costly for brand new ones: Purchasing a new co-sleeper, you would be sure of the modern design or functions as well as the guarantee of the manufacturer.
- Cheaper for used ones: Purchasing a used co-sleeper, you would save your money. However, you need to make sure that the product you buy could serve the purposes you one at a certain
Safety for your baby
Although you could buy a used co-sleeper to save money, you always need to take your baby’s safety into consideration. There are several factors that would attribute to the safety of a best co-sleepers following:
- Structure: It is important that the co-sleeper you buy is designed to prevent your baby slipping between their bassinets and your mattress.
- Surface: It should be flat to enable your baby to lie in a comfortable way and sleep well.
- Locks: It would help to protect your baby from accidents due to external factors, as your baby walk out to reach a curious thing.
Ease of use
One of the most important functions of the best co-sleeper is to live more comfortably. That is why it need to be easy to use this product.
- Set up: It should be possible to set up a co-sleeper on your own by following simple instruction. If you need to adjust your co-sleeper, the extra tool also needs to be easy to use.
- Reasonable size to put in different places: It would be easier to use a product with such feature as it allows you to arrange the rooms with co-sleepers easily.
- Storage: You should see how it shapes when folding as it should help you to save the space in your rooms.
- Movement: The best co-sleeper would be the one that allows you to use as the best baby bassinet wherever you want at home. That is the reason why it is important that your co-sleeper need to be portable.
This feature is vital as it is important to create a comfortable surrounding for your baby.
- Mattress: The firm or waterproof mattress would help your baby sleep better and cause less noise when your baby moves around.
- Position: We advise you to choose co-sleeper without incline to ensure your baby to sleep well without being slipping down.
The use of co-sleeper with diaper changes need you to pay your attention to keep your co-sleeper clean for a long time.
- Material: Mattress should be wipeable to make the use of them last. The suitable material could be non-removable fabrics.
- Machine washable: Removable sheets should be possible to be washed by the machine to save the time of you when cleaning the co-sleeper
Extra patterns (sound effects, vibration, light, etc.)
- Sound effects, vibration, light: In the case, your baby need to be supported by such effects to sleep well, you should give them a try when choosing the best co-sleeper for your baby.
- Canopy: It helps you to protect your baby from harsh light when you want to read a book with opening windows. In addition to this, there could be toys attached to the canopy, which your baby could play with. This need to be noted that toys should be removable to ensure your baby to be safe.
Pros and cons when using
- Safe and comfortable space: There is no need for babies to share a bed with their parents anymore. Thanks to that, babies have their space to sleep as well as avoid suffocation. Regarding parents, they have their space as well and do not have to adjust much when sleeping with their babies.
- Breastfeeding Aid: It is easier to feed your baby at night when using a co-sleeper since you could access more effectively to your baby.
- The help of soothing babies: Extra patterns like music, vibration or light of co-sleepers would help your baby fall asleep easier and faster. This helps to ease your try to sooth your baby.
- Convenience: You could get a lot of sleep when having your baby right beside. Also, you would feed your baby at night without a lot of light, so that your partner should not be awake at all.
- Good feeling for dads: Fathers love to sleep next to their babies, but they are usually worried about the situation of suffocation. Co-sleepers help them to avoid that as well as have the opportunity to sleep next to their beloved.
- Save the mattress and detergent: You could save the mattress because your baby has their mattress. Additionally, washing tiny mattress, compared to your large one, also saves your time and detergent as well.
- Short-term use: As recommended by manufacturers and experts, you should change the co-sleeper after a few months. This will cost you much money if you decide to invest as much as possible for your baby.
- Unsuitable bed: It might be difficult to find out a co-sleeper that suits your bed well as they have different design and style. When not finding out a co-sleeper that matches your bed, there might be unsafe space between your bed and your babies’ co-sleeper, which could exert effects on your baby.
- Depending on your babies: It is undeniable that some babies do not like to sleep with co-sleepers. They might prefer to sleep right beside your mom. Thus, sometimes, co-sleepers might not be the right fit to help mothers.
Safety advice when using
When you leave your baby with independent space, there are some factors that you need to remember to create the safe environment for your baby.
- Do not leave your baby unsupervised: Wherever your baby sleep, you need to supervise them to avoid their curiosity with many external things.
- Smoking: You do not use co-sleeper if your partner smoke. Instead of that, you should leave your baby on their bassinet.
- Check the temperature: You need to check this information to put more or remove the blanket to keep your baby comfortable.
- Remove excess bedding: You need to remove things like pillow, blankets or toys, which could lead to suffocation, to keep your baby from the risk of entrapping.
- Use a firm surface: This helps your baby have the right position to sleep tight. Besides, it protects your neck as well.
- Place baby on their back: When they sleep on their co-sleeper, you need to make sure that your baby sleep on their back rather on side or tummy. This helps to avoid some problems related to the early age.
- Do not allow any pet on the co-sleeper: When you could not supervise your babies’ sleep, allowing pets on the co-sleeper could lead to the risk of suffocation.
- Invest a big bed: In the case of using bed sharing co-sleeper, you should buy a king-sized bed to ensure that you or your partner do not roll onto your baby or you have to adjust much during your sleep.
Tips for buying a co-sleeper for twins
Apart from all the feature mentioned above, there is some general information you should take into account when buying a co-sleeper for twins:
- Looking for a spacious co-sleeper which make your babies comfortable, yet it is not too heavy or bulky. Purchasing a bulk product would cause difficulty for you when you move it around the house or bring it during family trips.
- As it would be used for both of your babies, the safety features need to be checked thoroughly although you could buy a second-hand co-sleeper to save your money. Achieving the balance between your budget and the safety for your baby is important.
- You should check the locks of the co-sleeper to know any maintenance that might be required for the product to function properly.
- Eco-friendly or natural materials are the best choice when buying any product for your babies. However, you should reconsider to invest a great deal of money to such short-life products as you could need money for other requirements of both your babies.
- As the burden double, you only should set up the co-sleeper after reading the instruction manual thoroughly. Doing this make co-sleeper safe and functional for your babies. In the case, you could not do it on your own, you should call for the help of a professional.
- The theme of co-sleeper might not be a vital factor, but you still need to consider it and matched it to the décor of the room or the gender of your babies. This would lead to a beautiful and vibrant look in your room.
- In the case of flexible co-sleepers, you need to keep them away from plugs, curtains, heaters and windows which can be grabbed by the babies and cause accidents. Decide a safe place which is away from the light but near your bed so that you can keep an eye on the babies at night easily.
- The size of mattress should match to the interior of co-sleeper without feeling too tight or loose. It could help to avoid the injuries if both the babies slip in the space between the mattress and the co-sleeper.
Tips for arranging a co-sleeper for flights
In this case, the most suitable product would be flexible co-sleeper or baby bassinet to ensure your baby to accompany you to go to any places by air.
- Booking for a free bassinet early: There might be only one baby bassinet for a baby each flight. Thus, it is wise to book it early for free. In the case of running out of the available bassinet, you need to bring your co-sleeper. You should take this information into account to avoid the situation in which your baby does not sleep well in a comfortable condition.
- Having an understanding of the layout of planes: You need to book the suitable seats to use the co-sleeper for your baby. Hence, it is important to know about the layout to book the seat with a special mounting bracket in front of it.
- Checking again to make sure you are arranged to have a wanted seat to use your co-sleeper: You need to do that to avoid unexpected circumstances that are the reason they change the layout or arrangement on the plane.
- Enjoying your flight and keep supervising your baby: Although your baby would be safe in your co-sleeper, you still need to take a look at him to realize any problems that could happen.
Co-sleeping is a way to help you and your baby sleep more comfortably, and there are different gears that could help you to do that. Among such choices, co-sleeper bassinets might be the right fit for you to avoid rolling onto your babies.
We hope that our post gives you useful information about co-sleeping and co-sleepers. If you have any tips that could apply to buying and using co-sleepers, please share with other parents and us that desire wants to know.
>> READ MORE: