Handling and keeping a firearm or weapon is as challenging a task as working with it. When not in use the firearm needs to be kept close to the user and in the right way to ensure that there are no chances of any mishaps for unsafe conditions. Choosing the best appendix carry holster is not a matter of joke.
One has to be very judicious and think properly and weigh out all options before making the final selection for the appendix holster. There are many companies selling various products and thus the choice becomes trickier.
|S&W M&P Shield 9/40 IWB Holster Veteran Owned Company by CYA Supply Co.||4.8||$|
|Can Can Concealment Women’s Concealed Carry Holster||4.4||$|
|Concealment Express IWB KYDEX Holster: fits GLOCK 19 23 32||4.5||$|
|BLACKHAWK! Leather Inside-the-Pants Black Holster||4.2||$$|
|BLACKHAWK Appendix Reversible Carry Inside the Pants Fits Glock 19, 23, 32||4.4||$|
- Factors To Consider While Choosing The Best Appendix Carry Holster
- Taking Care of Appendix Carry Holsters 2020
- Top 5 Best Appendix Carry Holster Reviews
- S&W M&P Shield 9/40 IWB Holster Veteran Owned Company by CYA Supply Co.
- Can Can Concealment Women’s Concealed Carry Holster
- Concealment Express IWB KYDEX Holster: fits GLOCK 19 23 32
- BLACKHAWK! Leather Inside-the-Pants Black Holster
- BLACKHAWK Appendix Reversible Carry Inside the Pants Fits Glock 19, 23, 32
Factors To Consider While Choosing The Best Appendix Carry Holster
There are many factors which need to be kept in mind while choosing the best appendix holster. They are:
The tuck of the Appendix Holster is one of the main features that draw the rifle users to this kind of holster. The more the tuck of the holster the more popular it becomes among the users. This makes use of the fact that everyone has a body which is more or less oval near the abdominal area. The tuck of the holster ensures that the L-Shaped firearm when tucked in your waist it will ensure that it is concealed completely.
This is another feature which can be explained by the tilt of the firearm in the holster. This can be left or right and it can be determined by the ease of the user to draw the weapon out of the holster at ease. During duty hours if the holster is creating trouble or delaying the time of drawing time of the weapon then it is a big issue for the user. The Cant also ensures that the weapon is tucked in, in the right way ready to be drawn out.
The wedge of the holster will ensure the ease of drawing out of the weapon from its holster. It will be a determining factor given the fact that the holster along with the padding and its make will make sure that the appendix carry holster will hold the firearm in the right place, slightly away from the body so that the user can have a proper grip. If the grip seems inappropriate then a muzzle-end wedge holster will be suitable to sort out the problem for it. Most holsters come with built-in wedges.
Make and Padding
The padding of the holster and its make is also important points to consider while buying new holsters. If the make is durable then it is better for the user as the holster will last long and will serve the purpose well.
The padding again will make sure the comfort factor of the holster and performance of the user has increased altogether. Especially in the case of appendix carry holster, the comfort of the user is essential. If the comfort is compromised then the performance of the user might be in question.
The price of the appendix carry holster is also another point to be considered. The price of the holster varies depending on the number of features that are available with it. You must be able to choose between the features before buying and decide which factors you should be able to give up on and which features of the appendix carry holster you will not be able to do without.
There are many features available in the holster and the price varies accordingly. Thus there must be some features that must be an essential quality of your next holster. The features must be chosen and selected from judiciously before buying. The budget must be decided beforehand so that the features can be selected accordingly.
>> READ MORE: Best Belly Band Holster Reviews
Taking Care of Appendix Carry Holsters 2020
Appendix holsters are mostly made of leather and other such materials. Thus taking care of it on a regular basis is essential to ensure that the holster lasts long and serves the purpose right. Some of the points to help taking care of appendix carry holsters are:
- Dirt, Sweat, and dust are regular enemies of holsters. To make sure that the holster lasts long you need to be very careful about handling it. Cleaning the holster from inside as well as outside and keeping it dry is important.
- Initially after buying the holster one must stretch the leather and fit your weapon in it. The holster will be slightly stretched over time and this is important to improve the drawing time of the weapon from it.
- Optimizing the temperature around the holster is also necessary. Too much heat or too much cold will cause damage to the holster in the long run and degrade the quality and the appearance of the holster.
- Pets are a strict no around holsters. This is important to improve the longevity of the holster.
- Using chemical materials to soften the holster should be avoided. Conditioning the leather material too much will holy harm than heal the product.
- Clean the holster after every use if possible, using a soft dry cloth.
Top 5 Best Appendix Carry Holster Reviews
S&W M&P Shield 9/40 IWB Holster Veteran Owned Company by CYA Supply Co.
This is one of the leading concealed appendix carry holster available in the market today which is known for its quality. This USA made product is known for the best features and great quality and longevity. The holster is known to work under stress conditions and adverse of temperatures.
- The quality of the product is verified by USA holster makers
- The superior quality of materials is used for the best interest of the users.
- It is made of boltaron material that is known to be resistant to higher temperatures, thus making it sure to stay intact on your waist all along the day.
- The adjustable Cant of the product is also another thing that makes this product so popular among the users.
- This device has the top class materials as well as a top class, sophisticated and safe design altogether.
- Some people may have some issues with the adjustment screws. Even though they perform the activity very well it can cause issues in the concealment as the screw sticks out.
- The belt clip fits only certain belts which are broad. Thin belts tend to fit the holster loosely to them and hence cause trouble in performance.
- The gun needs to be fitted before fitting the holster in the belt at times.
- The product is a little high budget for some users though it comes with a huge number of features.
Can Can Concealment Women’s Concealed Carry Holster
This new concealment carry holster by Can Can Concealment is one of its kinds. This is one of the best products available for women. The design of the holster is made especially to suit the women body and the curves.
- It is compatible with the women body features and curves and helps to improve the purpose of concealment.
- It uses Military grade elastic of 5 inches around the hip which are suitable for holding 2 to 3 weapons.
- It consists of hypoallergenic material and tactile grip which ensures that the re-holstering is also as easy as the holster.
- The material is stiff and holds the weapon in place.
- It is specially made for women and unlike mode other holsters understands the contours and curves of a woman’s body.
- It is not suitable for regular usage. If it is for once a while then this holster is better than all others.
- The bands might not fit everyone alike. This might cause the elastic to curl back.
- If the user moves too fast then it might cause problems regarding the draw out time of the weapon.
Concealment Express IWB KYDEX Holster: fits GLOCK 19 23 32
This holster is suitable for Glock 19, 23, 32. It has a good Cant of 0 to 15 degrees and makes sure that it is easily adjustable and has the pressure retention feature.
- The Holster is made such that it can prevent the weapon from the attack of moisture and dust.
- It is extremely lightweight and durable.
- Irrespective of the attire this holster masters the art of concealment.
- Simple design is what makes it even more elegant.
- It has a custom molded fit and high retention and cant adjustment facility.
- The price of this appendix carry holster is reasonable compared to all its peers.
- It has an audible retention lock system which ensures the safety and security of the weapon.
- This holster is suitable for only a limited range of products, especially of the Glock range only.
- The finishing of the edge of the holster is not so smooth and given that it is an appendix carry holster, it might be a little uncomfortable for the user.
- The screws inside hinders the proper storing and drawing of weapons from the holster.
- The make is not too good and does not look as classy.
BLACKHAWK! Leather Inside-the-Pants Black Holster
BLACKHAWK! Is one of the leading sellers of top-class holster these days. This Black Leather Holster by them looks extremely classy and is very elegant to look at. This holster is suitable for both rights as well as left handed users.
- A belt loop is available for the better upper body support for the stability of the weapon in the holster.
- It has a special shirt shield which protects it from getting noticed and helps in its concealment.
- Adjustable screw allows the user to customize the level of retention.
- This holster can be adjusted to fit in for strong-side, cross-draw carry and middle-of-the-back along with appendix carry holster.
- It is less bulky and comfortable as an appendix carry holster.
- The Product is available at a very affordable price.
- It is compatible with an only limited variety of firearms. It is suitable for Beretta 92 and 96 mostly.
- The belt loop is known to stick out for some of the users which are one of the major issues for the users.
- The draw of the gun is sometimes slow due to the tight fit of the holster material.
BLACKHAWK Appendix Reversible Carry Inside the Pants Fits Glock 19, 23, 32
This is another versatile holster with cutting edge design by BLACKHAWK! It is known to be one of the leading ambidextrous holsters available in the markets today, that is, both left-handed as well as right-handed users can make use of this holster at ease.
- Durable and soft jet I molded polymer material for comfort.
- Instead of 1 this product has 2 cant and ride height adjustment belt clips for the purpose of use.
- One of the most versatile reversible appendix carry design.
- This product is very suitable for ambidextrous use. With both left as well as right-handed use.
- The design is elegant and classy and the make is comfortable and increases the performance of the user by reducing the drawing time and improving the retention.
- The belt clip is too flexible and sometimes loosens up.
- There is no retention adjustment screw for this product and thus the user is unable to adjust the retention of the weapon according to their requirement or their comfort.
- The price to be paid for this device is a little high compared to the features it has to provide.
There are many products available in the markets these days and thus making the right choice from them is a very important. Making a judicious choice by keeping in mind the above-mentioned points is essential. There is wide range of prices and features to choose from.
Deciding the budget ahead ensures that you choose the right option. The best appendix carry holster is something that depends on the comfort of the user, thus the comfort is the priority for the makers. Make the right choice for your next appendix carry holster.