Tired of spending a ton of time and money buying iced tea at that expensive cafe downtown? If you’re in the market for an iced tea maker for your home or your office and don’t know where to start, sit back and relax and leave that to us!
There are so many options on the market for an iced tea maker that it can be quite overwhelming and even be confusing for a first-time buyer, but don’t worry! We have your back!
We have researched and dissected the BEST iced tea makers on the market so you don’t have to! We even dive into the tricks and features of various models to help you understand and get a feel for your future purchase!
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Hamilton Beach 40911 2-Quart Electric Iced Tea Maker||4.5*||$$$$$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
|Takeya 4 Piece Drink Maker Pitcher Set||5*||$$$$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
|West Bend 68305T Iced Tea Maker||4*||$$$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
|Mr. Coffee 2-in-1 Iced Tea Brewing System with Glass Pitcher||4*||$$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
|Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker for Loose or Bagged Tea||4.5*||$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
- What Are the Features You Should Consider Before Purchasing an Iced Tea Maker?
- Why Should You Consider Buying a Good Iced Tea Maker?
- What Are the Best 5 Iced Tea Makers in The Market?
- How to Use an Iced Tea Maker?
- WhatAre the Different Types of Iced Tea Makers?
- How to Clean and Maintain Your Iced Tea Maker?
What Are the Features You Should Consider Before Purchasing an Iced Tea Maker?
How Long Does It Take?
A quote thatI’m sure you’ve heard on numerous occasions is, “Time is money”.
An important aspect in deciding which ice tea maker will work for you is time. One of the key reasons for purchasing an ice tea maker in the first place is saving time!
Utilizing an ice tea maker at home or in the office would be counterproductive if it would be quicker to just stop by a local McDonalds and pick up a cup of iced tea there.
Luckily Iced tea makers are infamous for their brewing times being quick ranging between 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size and capacity of the machine.
What Are the Sizes and Capacities of Iced Tea Makers?
The next aspect of picking out the perfect iced tea maker for your needs is deciding what you’ll be needing your machine for. Will you be brewing your own personal glass of iced tea at home for your family and friends or will you be accommodating your brew for your 100 employees in a corporate office?
Whatever you need be they can be met! On average, office ice tea makers have the capability to hold up to 3 quarts. For your personal machine, they have the capacity to hold 1 to 2 quarts.
Always Identify the intended audience for your iced tea first!
What AreThe BestFeatures Of Digital Control?
Once you’ve inpointed, identified, and/or established the intended audience to serve your iced tea to, it’s time to start looking into the many cool up-to-date digital features your future iced tea maker can possess!
- Settings that give you the ability to brew your tea to the desired temperature you have the taste for.
- A shut off button that’s automatic.
- A brewing bar that displays various options for the type of brew you want for your batch. This bar also allows you adjust the strength of your brew to match your preference.
- An on/off indicator that preferably displays as a light.
- A removable filter
- A removable brewing compartment/basket
- A removable sweetener chamber.
What Are the Dishwasher Safe Features?
When searching for your perfect iced tea maker, another element to consider is whether your device is made up of dishwasher safe materials. This not only cuts your clean up time in half it ensures that your maker gets as clean as possible for your next brew!
The components of the average iced tea maker include the pitcher, the lid, and the brewing basket. Each of these parts, for many machines on the market,are dishwasher safe.
Meaning that the process of brewing your own iced tea remains simple all around, from the preparation to the brewing, down to the clean-up.
Why Should You Consider Buying a Good Iced Tea Maker?
When you are in the market for your future iced tea maker, the last element you should consider are the advantages to utilizing one opposed to not doing so.
Iced tea makers are simple to use, time efficiency, and money saving compared to all other alternatives. They provide you with the opportunity to create your ideal glass of iced tea that tastes fresh every time!
Whether you are brewing a cup of iced tea for yourself, your employees in an office, or at a massive family gathering, the advantages to owning your own iced tea maker are various and beneficial to all parties.
- SavesYouTime: It’s no secret that eating and drinking out at a restaurant adds up over time. For the average consumer investing in an iced tea maker can save a ton of money that can be utilized towards more important endeavors while operating in your daily life.
- SavesYouMoney:Aside from saving a ton of money on driving to the nearest fast food establishment or grocery store to buy a gallon of iced tea, having your own iced tea maker saves you time!Especially in an office/corporate environment. No more waiting in lines, or brewing your tea the old fashioned way that takes forever!
- High-Quality Tea Drinking Experience:The benefits of having your own ice tea maker include the comfort and peace of mind that every cup of tea you brew from it will be picture perfect and high quality every time. When you buy an iced tea from a grocery store or fast food restaurant the consistency of whether your cup will taste fresh and decent varies.
- Other Benefits:The personal touch of an individual at-home brew and the touch of a mass-produced iced tea is obvious in taste and quality and when sugar additives are involved it can also be hazardous to your health in the long-run.
What Are the Best 5 Iced Tea Makers in The Market?
1.Mr. Coffee 2-in-1 Iced Tea Brewing System with Glass Pitcher
[sc name=”asin_img” asin=”B00CEILY9W”]
First, on our list, we have the Mr. Coffee tea brewing system. The pitcher for this device is made of dishwasher safe glass that ensures an effortless cleaning process after each brew.
This machine also has the capability to produce 2.5 quarts in mere minutes!
If you’re looking for a device with a permanent filter installed this is your guy! You have to options to brew tea bags or leaves which make the endless possibilities of creations seamless and hundreds of people think so too!
- This machine has an automatic shut-off switch
- It’s made out of dishwasher safe materials
- It has a permanent filter
- Since the pitcher is made up of glass, this makes the machine more fragile as a whole.
Design: The design is very sleek and minimal and comes with a 100% glass pitcher.
Size: 2.5 quart
BPU/ Digital control: 900W
Brew Time: 5-10 minutes
2. Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker for Loose or Bagged Tea, Blue
[sc name=”asin_img” asin=”B00005OTXI”]
Next, we have the quirky blue Mr. Coffee iced tea maker! This device has a vibrant blue lid that will brighten up any room or office space.
The brew basket is removable and has the capability to makes up to 2 quarts.
The plastic pitcher on this maker makes cleaning hassle-free. You can easily throw it in a dishwasher and be on about your day.
This pitcher is a best seller and raved about by hundreds of users nationwide.
- This machine can brew both loose tea leaves and tea bags.
- It is made up of dishwasher-safe materials.
- The steeping basket is removable which can be a concern for individuals who lose parts to an assembly easily.
Design: The design comes in a variety of color waves and made of plastic.
Size: 2.0 quart, 11 x 7 x 15 inches
Brew Time:6-8 minutes
3. Hamilton Beach Electric Iced Tea Maker
[sc name=”asin_img” asin=”B00008VSCO”]
Coming in at number 3 we have the Hamilton Beach electric tea maker! This ultra slim tea maker measures out to be 171/2 x 11 1/2 x 4 1/2 making it an ideal option for a person who has a tight refrigerator.
Unlike the first 2 pitchers, this pitcher is not dishwasher safe and can only be hand washed.
If you’ve got the extra time and don’t dread washing dishes this option is ideal for you!
The slim fitting body allowing this pitcher to easily fit into the fullest of refrigerators may make the extra effort worthwhile!
- This machine includes an adjustable brew strength.
- It is slim fit in the body allowing it to easily fit into your refrigerator.
- Indicator light and automatic shutoff.
- This machine does not have a permanent filter installed inside it.
Design: The design is very thin making it easily compatible to fit into small places in your fridge.
Size:2.5 quart, 17 ½ x 11 ½ x 4 ½ inches
Brew Time: Less than10 minutes
4. West Bend 68305T Iced Tea Maker
[sc name=”asin_img” asin=”B009SZO7LQ”]
Next, we have the West Bend iced tea maker. This vibrant green tea maker can really add some personality to your kitchen or office.
The super sleek2.75-quart pitcher is made of plastic that is dishwasher safe!
With the various steeping settings available this option would be great for those who want to make their iced tea in style.
The entire machine is awe-worthy enough to get anyone excited to make a fresh cup of tea.
- This machine comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It is super lightweight making it easy to integrate into your daily routine.
- Brew strength selector, Indicator Light and Auto Shut off.
- The machine is quite small, making serving a bigger audience a bit more difficult.
Design: The design is very minimal and made up of a plastic material. It comes in a variety of unique colors.
Size: 2.7 quart, 10.6 x 9 x 15.8 inches, 3.6 pounds
BPU/ Digital control: 750W
Brew Time: 5-10 minutes
5.Takeya Iced Tea Maker Set
[sc name=”asin_img” asin=”B00JOKURH8″]
Last but not least we have the Takeya iced tea maker set. This dishwasher-safe BPA-free set is lightweight with the capability of making 24 ounces of tea.
The cooling pitcher has the ability to hold 66 ounces to store in your refrigerator to quench your thirst at a later time.
Unlike the other pitchers this one makes little tea in one sitting, but makes up for it by having the capability to store any excess in a separate container that locks in freshmen within an airtight lid.
This option is ideal for users who are constantly on the go or in a hurry!
- This machine is dishwasher safe.
- It has silicone gaskets that lock in freshness.
- This Machine is BPA free.
- The lids are interchangeable which makes away some of the simplicity of the machine.
Design: The design is very sleek and minimal and comes with a 100% glass pitcher.
Size: 24oz. tea maker, 66oz. chilling pitcher, 6 x 4 x 10 inches, 2 pounds
Brew Time: 5-10 minutes
How to Use an Iced Tea Maker?
Now that you know a bit about why you need an iced tea maker, how it can benefit you, and properties to look for in the search to find the right iced tea maker for you here’s how to actually brew!
- Three tea bags
- Iced tea maker
- Fill your pitcher with water to the fill line.
- Transfer the water into your tea maker.
- Add tea bags. (1-quart water = 1 tea bag)
- Pick your brew strength to match your desired taste.Which is either strong or mild.
- Turn your appliance ON, and wait for the magic to happen.
- In 5-10 minutes your batch should be complete and your tea maker will shut off.
- Squeeze the remainder of the brewed tea, with a spoon, from the tea bags.
- Add a desired level of sugar to your brew and mix well.
- If necessary, add water to your brew to dilute the taste if it’s too strong.
- When the brews foam has settled, transfer a bit of the tea into a glass, add ice cubes, and ENJOY!
- Finally, store your remaining tea in your refrigerator to cool for the next cup!
WhatAre the Different Types of Iced Tea Makers?
Of course, there are multiple ways to brew a cup of iced tea. If you are an attentive and patient individual who doesn’t mind manually timing the brewing process of their iced tea, or if you are a person who would like to rely on the brewing of your tea electronically, there are options to fit your unique needs!
The opportunity and flexibility of what type of device to utilize while brewing your own unique high-quality batch of iced tea are limitless with various products on the market. The types you will come across are as follows:
- Electric Iced Tea Makers:
This type of iced tea maker is completely independent of the user. All this method requires from the user is imputing water and the recommended amount of tea in an allocated ice-filled pitcher and pressing a switch that initiates the brewing process.
- Non-Electric Iced Tea Makers:
This type of iced tea maker is brewed in a more attentive manner, the timing and heating process is done slower and manually by the user. This method also requires the user to pay close attention to the tea brewing process to ensure the tea is not under or over heated resulting in a bad batch of tea.
How to Clean and Maintain Your Iced Tea Maker?
When you make a purchase you want your investment to withstand the deterioration that comes along with time, especially when it comes to your iced tea maker! The best way to do this is to constantly up-keep your maker by keeping it spick and span.
Not only does keeping your ice tea maker cleanly benefit it, in turn, provides you with the best quality cup of tea with no leftover residue from the brew before. Here are some tips and tricks to keep your machine maintained:
- Make sure your machine is turned-off, you don’t want to have your machine in contact with any liquids while it is powered on!
- If you have just finished up a brew, wait for your machine to cool down so you don’t burn yourself or others.
- You want to wash your pitcher, lid, and brew basket in warm soapy dishwater to ensure the residue from the previous brew is penetrated. Next, you want to rinse everything thoroughly until your water is crystal clear.
Owning and brewing your own ice tea has its benefits, its pros & targets, as well as its cons for individuals, offices, or any establishments. If you would like to purchase your own iced tea maker and start saving money and time, feel free to check out the iced tea makers mentioned in this post!