To Start With
A question for everyone out there – Why do you think ‘research’ is so important a term? Why do you think, there is a separate branch altogether for this? The answer to this lies in the phrase ‘Well begun is half done’. This ‘search’ and ‘research’ should be planned for each and every area. We will concentrate on choosing the right place for buying. Again, our topic of discussion will be to go out there, hop on and land on the apt place to buy a basic first aid kit.
Mode Of Owning A First Aid Kit
- Real Stores
- Online Stores
- Making at home
Hop The Shop
This is the mode of buying that demands one to step out of the home and explore .To make it easy for you, mentioning some pivotal points to remember:-
- Choices Of Store – Do not just hop into any local drug store to buy. Please see to it that they keep products of good quality. It is of crucial importance to stress on good quality products especially because we are dealing with the medical aid items. There is no room for compromise on this.
- Choice Of The Pharma Company – Choose the products of a reputed company.
- Physical Inspection – After landing on that store of your choice, run a keen eye on the packaging of the contents of your first aid kit. Any product, if caught with a slightest sign of pilferage must be condemned. For e.g. torn out seals, holes or slits on the packets. Examine the packets for the physical structure of the tablets. Look for the expiry dates.
The Online Ease
The mode of buying which has gained immense popularity nowadays is online shopping. It provides you with a range of options to choose from at your comfort, without stepping out. A plethora of online shopping sites are available. One can choose, depending upon the need. Check each of the contents properly on delivery and return in case of any doubt. Also, look for the shopping sites that provide you with extra benefits, like refilling of the contents, notifying the expiry dates etc.
The Home Activity
In case you are not in a rush and like to do things of your own, create your own first aid box. The things that you will be requiring are:
- An air tight box or a pouch
- All the basic contents of a first aid kit
Make sure that you have at least these 10 essential items which are:
- Gauze pads
- Antiseptic solution and lotion
- A pair of scissors
- Muscle sprays
- Cotton Roll
- Adhesive Tape
Put all these items in your box. It is a convention to put a white cross with a green background on the box so as to make identification easy.. Again, the essentials should be maintained. You can also use also write FIRST AID on all the sides of the kit for early and quick identification.
Choice Of Box
For a first aid kit, choose an air tight box which is transparent or at least translucent so that the contents are clearly visible. Also, try to pick up a box which is as handy as possible and easy to carry, preferably, with a handle.
Each of the ways of buying comes with pros and cons of their own. We will talk about the following arenas:
- Comfort – It is obviously more comfortable to buy a product in just a click (online). Whereas, visiting a pharma store can be tedious.
- Inspection – The physical testing of the contents can be done while buying can be easily done if we are buying it from a store. Moreover, we can even substitute the kit with another item of our choice and that too. Instantly!
- Choice – Online shopping gives the customer a range to choose from as the whole shop is in front of your eyes. Whereas, we do not have such an advantage and access with real stores.
As we have seen that there are ways to choose from in order to own a first aid kit, there are some basic rules which should be looked upon. Adhere to them and you are good to go.
See top first aid kit reviews here: