The Beach Vault is one of those simple things that get two instantaneous reactions from us:
“I want one of those!”
“Why didn’t I think of that?”
This simple container lets you bury your valuables safely in the sand. It works on the principle of “out of sight, out of mind.” Keep your stuff out of view of potential thieves. This is so much better than wrapping your things in a towel or stuffing them in a shoe.
What is the Beach Vault?
[sc name=”imgid” trackingid=”land20-20″ altimg=”The Beach Vault” imgid=”81QudHHptEL” asincheck=”B00T6M6MG4″ href=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T6M6MG4/”]
No, there’s no lock, just a screw-top lid. This isn’t a safe that needs a combination to remember or keys to lose. You are the lock, protecting your things by laying on top of them. And no, it’s not lumpy or uncomfortable like laying on top of items hidden under beach towels.
Twist the container into the sand, place the towel on top, and slide the pillow into a sleeve on top. The pillow disguises the opening to the container, but you still have easy access to add and remove your valuables.
The whole container measures about 8 inches in diameter and 12 inches in height. That means there’s room for phones, iPods, keys, money, credit cards, and jewelry. No, sorry, you can’t fit your iPad Pro in this. But you can bring other things to the beach by carrying them inside the Beach Vault because it has a convenient handle on top.
Sure, Beach Vault can be used without the towel and pillow. But the towel is made of Microfiber, so it’s nice and soft and it dries quickly. We think you’ll like it.
If you’re not a fan of laying on the sand, try one of these inflatable lounge chairs that don’t need a pump or your lungs to fill them.
Other reasons to love the Beach Vault:
- Besides hiding your stuff from sight, you’re less likely to lose it. It’s all stored in one neat place.
- The container has an O-ring for a watertight seal. If you drop it in the water, your electronics won’t drown.
- It’s anchored into the sand. No one’s going to grab it and run. They’ll have to dig it out first.
How to place the Beach Vault into the sand
Here’s how to place the Beach Vault so that it’s planted safely on the beach.
- For easier insertion, dig a starter hole. You’re basically putting a big fat screw into the ground, so it’s like drilling a pilot hole before you sink a fastener.
- Take the lid off. You’ll get a better grip on the lip that way.
- Plant the Beach Vault into your pilot hole and turn, baby, turn.
- If you feel a lot of resistance, gently lift the Vault out of the ground and shake off all the sand caked on its thread.
- Re-insert the Vault into the ground and turn it until it’s buried level, or almost level. Then smooth the sand up to edge of the Vault to level out the area for your towel. Try not to dump too much sand inside. You can always put the lid back on first.
- Place the hole in the towel over the lip of the Beach Vault, then insert the pillow into its sleeve.
See a video on how to set up a Beach Vault right by the ocean.
Instead of only being a beach box safe that needs sand, you can use it in more locations outdoors.
The AquaVault Portable Outdoor Safe
[sc name=”imgid” trackingid=”land20-20″ altimg=”The AquaVault Portable Outdoor Safe” imgid=”71AXKuw-IQL” asincheck=”B00HYXHPNG” href=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYXHPNG/”]
The Aquavault Portable Outdoor Safe is made from tough plastic that can take a beating. The combination lock can be reprogrammed to your favorite three numbers so you always remember how to unlock it.
It measures 9.4 inches long by 5.4 inches wide by 6.5 inches tall. You’ll have room for more than one phone, a wallet, your keys, and more.
If you don’t have beach or poolside furniture to lock up your outdoor safe, there’s always the next option which has more flexibility.
SAFEGO Portable Travel Lock Box Safe with Key and Combination Access
[sc name=”imgid” trackingid=”land20-20″ altimg=”SAFEGO Portable Travel Lock Box Safe with Key and Combination Access (Blue)” imgid=”61nz52zXWcL” asincheck=”B017RQIRWW” href=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017RQIRWW/”]
The SAFEGO travel lock box offers a great deal of flexibility. The steel cable is like a bike lock, long enough to fix this portable outdoor safe to a wide range of objects. The box opens with either a key or a combination code. The ABS plastic body is rugged enough to resist drops and the zinc alloy lock doesn’t rust. The best part? The case is waterproof. Anchor it underwater if you like!
The inside can hold a smartphone, keys, a wallet, and more. It measures 7 inches wide by 7.5 inches tall by 4 inches in thickness.
At the end of your fun day at the beach
After you’ve had all the sun and fun you can stand, you’ll see it’s easier to unscrew your Beach Vault out of the sand than it was to screw it into the ground.
You can clean yourself and hose down the Vault with one of these excellent portable pressurized showers. Then keep the fun going by rolling home on a Trikke.
Wait? You’re camping? Great! We have reviews on the best hammock tents to let you sleep on air off the ground.