A paintball sniper gun or marker is the main equipment that is used in the game of paintball. The gun enables the player to achieve precision and accuracy while shooting the paint-filled gelatin balls from a distance. The player can use the gun to aim their opponents and shoot balls at the speed of 20 fps to 300 fps. The gun is used along with a tank that is filled with carbon dioxide and or a compressed gas that propels the paintball through the barrel of the gun. Besides being used in the sport of paintball, the gun can also be used as a weapon for self-defense.
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Tippmann A5 Sniper Paintball Gun Kit||4.5*||$$$$$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
|US Army Alpha Black Tactical Paintball Marker Gun Sniper Set - Black||4*||$$$$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
|US Army Project Salvo Paintball Marker Gun 3Skull Mega Set - Black||4*||$$$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
|Spyder MR100 Pro Paintball Gun Marker Mega Set||4.5*||$$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
|Black Ops Junior Sniper Rifle - Multi-Pump BB/Pellet Airgun - Shoot .177 BBs Or Pellets||4*||$||Buy from Amazon | Our Review|
- What are paintball snipers made of?
- How far can a paintball sniper shoot?
- What are the popular brands of paintball snipers?
- How much is a paintball sniper?
- What is the best paintball sniper?
- What additional accessories should a paintball sniper need?
- What is the difference between a paintball sniper and an airsoft sniper?
- How to set up paintball gun?
- How to build a paintball gun stand?
- How to be a good paintball sniper?
- Top 5 paintball sniper reviews in 2017
- How to maintain a paintball sniper?
What are paintball snipers made of?
Paintball sniper guns are usually made up of one of the following materials:
- Steel: Steel is the most common metal used to make a Paintball marker because of its ability to impart durability to the gun. Moreover, it is inexpensive and it easy to manufacture the marker using steel.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is another popular choice for making paintball guns. Aluminum provides the same benefits as steel except for one difference. It is costlier and less strong than steel.
- Composite materials: These materials are like plastic and mostly used as a coating for the gun.
- Carbon fibers: Like composite materials, carbon fibers are used as a cover to coat different parts of a paintball gun.
How far can a paintball sniper shoot?
When fired at the same speed, various paintball snipers will be able to shoot the distance up to a maximum range of 200-250 feet. However, the effective range of most paintball snipers is just 100 to 150 feet. Typically, the paintballs will travel this far when fired at a speed of 300 feet per second. However, this range is not the optimal range for getting the maximum number of kills. Players using guns with the flat-line or apex barrels can expect to exceed the maximum range. The range can also be increased using first strike round. The distance can be further increased by using equipment that will either change the shape of the ball or make it turn around.
What are the popular brands of paintball snipers?
Selecting the correct paintball sniper can influence the way you enjoy the sport of paintball. Every customer has different requirements in terms of accuracy, durability, and affordability. Different brands manufacture and sell paintball snipers that appeal to different segments. Some of the most popular brands are:
- Black Ops
How much is a paintball sniper?
The price of a paintball sniper depends on the firing range and the additional accessories that accompany the gun. The more the accuracy and the ease of movement offered by the rifles, the higher will be the price of the gun. Other types of guns offer durability and ease of use. These tend to be cheaper as they focus on comfort rather than accuracy. The average price range of a paintball sniper is $100 to $500.
What is the best paintball sniper?
A paintball sniper can be the best if the following criteria are taken into consideration while making the purchase:
- Velocity and Accuracy: The accuracy of the paintball sniper largely depends on the consistency of the velocity with which the paintball hits the target. The velocity tends to drop gradually after the ball makes its way to the target after leaving the nozzle. Ideally, a good paintball sniper must shoot the ball with a velocity that remains constant maintained up to at least 25 meters.
- Ease of maintenance and cleaning: A paintball gun must be in top shape for delivering good performance. A gun that is easy to clean has longer life and durability.
- Durability and reliability: You must ensure that the paintball gun is durable and it performs reliably. It is important to check the gun at the point of purchase itself. A gun having scratches, dents and chips reveal that it is not durable enough. The last thing that you want to see is your gun betraying you when you need it the most. More importantly, the gun must be tested on the field before it is purchased.
- Weight and Portability: The paintball sniper gun purchased by you must be lightweight and portable as you will be running around the entire field while carrying it. The gun must be light enough to quickly aim at your opponents.
What additional accessories should a paintball sniper need?
Paintball sniper gun may be the essential equipment in the sport of paintball. However, the sport can never be fun if the gun is not complemented with other accessories. You will need to buy additional items like barrels, bipods, sites, stocks and site rails for improving your accuracy.
Besides using paintballs, you will need to invest in propulsion or a compressed air tank that helps you to sheet the paintball with the desired velocity. And you wouldn’t want to overlook safety gear when high-speed paintballs are being targeted at you on the field. So, it is essential to buy safety gear like the head-shield mask, padded gloves, knee pads, elbow pads and other attires that protect parts like a neck.
Most importantly, it is mandatory to play paintballs with protective goggles because you may face devastating consequences if the paintball hits your eye. You must also get the good paint to have well-made paintballs that can hit accurately.
Additionally, you will need other handy goodies like ammo belts, jerseys, pants, tank covers, barrel bags and military gear that help you to camouflage. Last but not the least; a maintenance kit must be available for troubleshooting any glitches.
What is the difference between a paintball sniper and an airsoft sniper?
Airsoft is a pure combat simulation in which bullets are replaced with pellets while paintball is a fun activity in which firearms and bullets are replaced with paintballs and markers. The use of pellets and paintballs is not the only difference between these two sports. Following are some key points that clearly differentiate the two sports:
- Airsoft uses a gun that is an imitation of an actual firearm while paintball uses specialized markers or guns for shooting paintballs. Moreover, paintball guns have to be connected to an air compression tank. Airsoft guns break down easily while paintball guns are more durable.
- Airsoft players use BB guns and magazines while paintball players use hoppers and paint-filled gelatin balls.
- Airsoft guns and pellets are cheaper as compared to paintball guns and accessories because paintball accessories come with a complete set that includes 2000 paintballs.
- A paintball gun is easy to reload as there a number of automatic electronic loaders that speeds up the loading process. On the other hand, airsoft gun as to be manually reloaded and hence it is more difficult to load as compared to a paintball gun.
How to set up paintball gun?
Setting up a paintball gun is very easy and all you need is the gun along with a loader and HPA (High-Pressure Air) or a CO2 tank. The first step is to install the components of a paintball gun and place the paintballs in the storage bin. Next, you will have to set the loader for continuously loading the balls in the gun during the game. Nowadays, electronic loaders are available that enable super fast reloading. Finally, the setup has to be completed by connecting the gun with the air compression tank.
How to build a paintball gun stand?
A paintball gun stand can be made up of PVC pipes. It is important to ensure that you are building the stand in a safe and secure environment. It also ensures to measure the dimensions of the tank and the barrel before proceeding.
You need to complete the following steps for making the tank:
- Cut PVC pipe to build the tank.
- Attach elbows with 2 elbows facing inside and 2 elbows facing outside.
- Build the base with the help of PVC pipes with elbows.
- Finally, construct the neck to adjust the height of the stand.
How to be a good paintball sniper?
A good paintball sniper has a thorough knowledge of the equipment and accessories. He or she knows the type of equipment that best serves the purpose. Selecting a paintball gun with an appropriate weight is an essential step followed by an expert paintball sniper. The expert makes sure that the gun is neither too heavy nor too lightweight.
Next, the expert player learns about all the positions that will help to take an accurate shot. One must be able to use different guns conveniently for mastering the game.
Next, you must practice shooting while running to gain speed and agility. You can use a laser pointer to gauge the steadiness of your gun while you are running, jog or walking. Learn to be patient while pulling the trigger and hold your breath while shooting. An expert is also a master in the art of bunkering. Bunkering means shooting at the target in such a way that the opponent player remains confined to his bunker.
You must then charge him when the opponent runs out of paintballs. Perfect your shooting skills by practicing ‘snap shooting i.e. taking regular shots while popping out of your bunker or hiding place. The process of reloading the gun in an accurate manner is the key to survival that needs to be mastered.
Top 5 paintball sniper reviews in 2017
1. Spyder MR100 Pro Paintball Marker Gun 3Skull Sniper Set
Spyder MR100 Pro Paintball Marker Gun 3Skull Sniper Set
This is one of the most affordable entry-level paintball gun available in the market. In fact, this is the best gun available to those who wish to purchase accessories sold by Spyder brand. Even though the gun is not as popular as the Cronus brand, it offers many benefits that are similar to those given by other expensive brands. Moreover, it has some of the good features that make it a value-for-money product. For example, it is soon to be equipped with an EKO Valve System that allows it to shoot 1500 paintball rounds using a 20-ounce CO2 tank.
This .68 caliber gun’s body is made up of lightweight aluminum multi-rail mounting system. Additionally, the gun has a reinforced polymer clamping feed neck. It has a muzzle velocity of more than 300 FPS and the velocity can be adjusted by a velocity adjuster guide.
This affordable paintball gun is suitable for beginners and it is also easy to maintain. Even though it is durable and easy to clean, the gun’s barrel must be upgraded on a regular basis for improved efficiency.
2. Tippmann US Army Alpha Black Tactical Paintball Marker Gun Sniper
Tippmann US Army Alpha Black Tactical Paintball Marker Gun Sniper
The Alpha Tactical Paintball marker gun is considered as the most durable and reliable paintball gun that comes at an affordable price. The durability of the gun is due to the all-aluminum die-cast receiver and a stainless steel pipe that connects to a CO2 tank. The gun comes with a kit that has all the accessories that you need to play paintball. The gun’s 11-inch barrel delivers accuracy and higher performance.
Moreover, an integrated carry handle and a removable magazine offer convenience during the game. The newer version of this 12-pound gun is accompanied by a mask that has an anti-fog lens and visor.
Customer reviews suggest that the marker is suitable for a player with a heavy frame. This might be the only disadvantage of the gun. Otherwise, it is a perfect product for beginners who want to get the feel of being army sniper gun that fires accurately.
3. Black Ops by Bear River Holdings Black Ops Junior Sniper Rifle
Black Ops by Bear River Holdings Black Ops Junior Sniper Rifle
This low-cost air rifle has a 20-inch barrel and it is designed for maximum accuracy and you can fire .177 pellets or BB’s accurately at 800 FPS. Even though it is designed for shooting pellets or BB’s, it can shoot paintballs at higher speeds. This is the biggest advantage of this lightweight gun. In fact, it is considered as the fastest and the lightest paintball gun whose shooting speed surpasses that of other guns. The multi-pump lever action guarantees increased lifespan and maximum efficiency.
This gun can be easily customized by complementing it with accessories that suit your needs. The gun comes with an adjustable optical sight and a 4×15 scope. This product is suitable for those who wish to own a multi-pump rifle that is not very expensive.
Moreover, this rifle can be used by everyone in your family who wish to participate in fun and adventurous outdoor games. As the product accurately shoots targets situated 200 feet away, it can be used for a variety of outdoor field-based adventure games. The only major flaw in the product is that it is not a durable product as it is not made out of high-quality materials. However, the lack of durability is compensated by a lower price and it is one of cheapest paintball snipers.
4. Tippmann A5 Sniper Paintball Gun Kit
Tippmann A5 Sniper Paintball Gun Kit
The A5 is the best paintball gun that can be easily disassembled and cleaned. It is well-designed and the accuracy is achieved with the help of a 20″ tactical barrel. The gun has a collapsible stock that will help you to take a comfortable position while firing shots. It comes with a red dot sight that improves the overall accuracy.
Tippmann A5 gun is one of the most popular markers used in paintball games as the player does not need to dismantle and rearrange the accessories as per requirement. It does not have any disadvantages but experts recommend replacing the 20″ barrel with a shorter one to use the gun while shooting at close ranges.
Since it is a mechanical gun, there is a very little probability of major malfunction that usually occurs in electric guns. Overall, the entire package has been rated highly by customers. The only disadvantage is that the package also includes face mask and goggles that are not perceived as high quality.
5. US Army Project Salvo Paintball Marker Gun 3Skull Mega Set
US Army Project Salvo Paintball Marker Gun 3Skull Mega Set
The project salvo marker is the most realistic paintball marker available and it is used to simulate real-life scenarios faced by the army personnel and snipers. The model design is based on the Colt AR-15 firearm used in the US army. This is the main reason due to which this paintball marker has won the hearts of enthusiasts who participate in military-simulation games and firearms training simulation.
It is licensed by the US army and its body has 4 Picatinny rails with an in-built sling mount. There are a number of options for the players to customize the product. Accessories like foregrip, tripod, red dot sights and lights can be attached to the gun for improving efficiency. The long barrel ensures greater accuracy and it has an effective firing rate of 8 paintballs per second. The gun uses the commonly available 68 caliber paintballs that are sold online or in local stores.
The firing mechanism used is the semi-automatic open bolt blowback and the gun is used in conjunction with a high-pressurized air tank with nitrogen or oxygen flow. The barrel can be upgraded to a 14-inch size and an extra magazine so that the gun resembles a hunting rifle. Its only advantage is that it is one of the heaviest paintball markers and it becomes really bulky when loaded with paintballs. Luckily, the gun has a rubber grip that gives the player a comfortable shooting experience.
How to maintain a paintball sniper?
Several factors affect the accuracy of the paintball gun and the working condition of the paintball gun is one of them. It is essential to lubricate all the parts of the paintball gun. Damaged parts not only affect accuracy but also the durability of the gun. The barrel must be cleaned regularly as materials like oil, dirt, and paint tend to accumulate inside the barrel. The barrel is the part that degrades the most. Parts must be upgraded periodically for maintaining the quality of the gun.
Paintball is not just a fun-filled team building activity but an adrenaline-shooting outdoor activity. Today, more and more professionals are taking up paintball seriously and participating in a tournament. This article serves as a good guide for selecting the right type of paintball gun for the game. The most accurate paintball sniper rifle helps to provide accuracy and gain an upper hand in a tournament.
Moreover, it is also essential to carry to right accessories that will complement the performance of the sniper gun The tips offered here are beneficial for both, beginners as well as professional players who want to seriously excel in the game.